Two weeks ago, the kids and I drove to Columbus to be with my sister Melissa and her newborn baby Clark for a week while her husband Kevin went to an academic conference in Boston. It was a six-hour drive each way but the kids were great. I probably never would have attempted such a long trip by myself if I didn't already know that they were great car travelers.
So, here is baby Clark...isn't he adorable?
There were so many cute pictures of Colin and Clark together that it was impossible to choose only one. Even though Clark is a lot smaller than Colin now, he will catch up fast. The funny thing is that to me, Clark has a very adult-looking face and in that way
looks older than Colin.
looks older than Colin.
Once Megan realized that Clark was a real baby, she went nuts. It's a good thing we have her trained pretty well to be gentle with Colin because she was all over that baby.
I took Megan to the pool at their apartment complex several times and though she is afraid of big pools in general, she had a great time with these fountains. I had to drag her away kicking and screaming every time it was time to leave. I even managed to convince her to get in the pool with me the last time we went and though she held me in a death grip, there was no screaming.
I had so much fun hanging out with Melissa and of course, snuggling with little Clark. I even got to feed him his bottle several times as well as read him books and sing some fun songs. I think my efforts have earned me status as the "Favorite Auntie." It's a good thing we're going back for his baby blessing next month so I can maintain this coveted position.
(You can also see how short my hair is now. I chopped it off last month and I think I'm going to keep it short for awhile).
1 comment:
Hey, Clark is one cute little guy! It's a 'fer sure thing' that Melissa and Kevin are going to be amazing parents, just like you and old Liver Lips.
I always like your hair - no matter how long, short, or, I suppose, even bald.
Dad
Post a Comment